We are starting this month to have a social time from 6:30 to 6:55
Meetings start at 7:00 Town of Menasha Community Center, 1000 Valley Road, one block north of the Hwy 441 Hwy 47 exit. We meet
1) October 9th speaker is club member Mary Ellen Vicksta who will share things she learned at workshops she attended this summer in Canada on creative expression. She will share a couple of the exercises to expand your “seeing”. The workshops were put on by Freeman Patterson and Andre Gallant.
2) WACCO Print Circuit contest. Must bring your prints (1) Color (1) Black & White, just prints no matting or mounting is allowed. FYI prints will be subject to handling damage when going from club to club for judging. Must have your Fox Valley Camera Club dues paid for 2012 to enter contest. Maximum print size: 8 x 10 or 11 x 14 Make sure to put your name and Fox Valley Camera Club photo title and an arrow for which way is up on the back of the photo.
Jackie Boyd has volunteered to handle shipping the prints for this competition. Thank you Jackie.
3) Fox Valley Camera Club dues $30 individual, $35 family. Dues covers PSA club fees, WACCO club fees, Meeting room rental, Salon entry and awards, Equipment purchases (digital projector ect. ), Web site up-keep, PSA local high school photo contest award of $100.
4) Octobers 9th club photo contest theme: Macro get up close and personal to something small and make it big!
Bring (1 to 3) digital photo files to October meeting or E-mail to LarryJPhotos@aol.com to enter. Mark as club contest October.
5) November 13th club photo contest bring your best photos of three places. 1) Trestle Bridge off of Lawe Street Appleton 2) City Park Appleton 3) Your favorite setting along the Fox River from Menasha to Green Bay
6) November presenter to be Pat Murray of Murray Photo downtown Appleton. Pat will talk about lens selection to get the outcome you desire in your photos. Pat offers classes that he instructs on photography that I found very beneficial.
7) Sara Hillestad and Larry Janssen have volunteered to be our clubs representative for WACCO this year. We need one more volunteer to be an alternate. Larry will attend the August 11th meeting. Thank you Sara and Larry.
8) Tentative dates for our Salon contest, Entry deadline April 9th meeting, Judging Saturday April 13th, Salon Dinner is Friday April 19th all 2013. Categories yet to be determined. More info to follow.
9) December speaker is club member Jackie Boyd who will give a presentation on Plug-ins, Add-on’s and Actions with your photo editing software.